Hawaii Life & Concierge Auctions Present: Makali’i Plantation – Kalaheo, Kauai
Auction May 21-24th – No Reserve
Makali’i Plantation – A 317-acre property with countless options on the Garden Island of Kauai. At the Makali’i Plantation, opportunity abounds. The plans are in place for 10 parceled lots, if you choose to develop the property. Or, just enjoy this magnificent private land complete with a 4000 square foot main home and 2 guest houses.
This storied property is part of the original McBryde Sugar Plantation. Walter Duncan McBryde was a successful businessman in lumber, real estate, and banking. He also served as a representative in the Legislature of the provisional government from Kauai in 1895, and for 16 years on the Kauai County Board of Supervisors. He co-founded the McBryde Sugar Company and managed the Kauai Pineapple Company. Rich in history and truly an exceptional offering this one of a kind opportunity to own the largest private acreage on Kauai is waiting for you.
Currently $12 Million, Selling at Auction without Reserve
No Reserve – that is exactly what it means…Why wouldn’t you at least place a bid? If you pass up this offer and then realize this parcel sold for less than you would have bid, will you ever forgive yourself? This is the largest private parcel on Kauai and is a rare opportunity to invest in…well…a rare opportunity!
A few of the important points:
- $100,000 Bidder Deposit Required
- Property Details | 317 acres; Largest parcel of private land on the island of Kauai; Sub-division of the original McBryde Plantation, one of Hawaii’s most successful sugar plantations; Horse riding trails; Walking/jogging paths; Pasture; Wooded areas; Parceled into ten 17-to-54-acre lots for residential development or condominiums; Potential for 9 more homes to be built on property
- Main House | 4,000sf; 317+ac; 3 bedrooms; 3 full and 1 half bathrooms
- Guest House | 1 bedroom; 1 bathroom
- Camp House/Cottage | 2 bedroom; 2 bathroom
- Architectural Features | Walls of windows; Custom millwork and built-ins; Hardwood, Travertine, and resin tile floors; Fireplace
- Chef’s Kitchen | Commercial-grade appliances; 6-burner stove with griddle; Double oven; Breakfast bar; Built-in casual dining bench;
- Outdoor Features | 1,422 sf partially-enclosed lanai; 2nd-floor patio; BBQ/dining area; Lush, tropical landscaping and flowering plants
- Additional Amenities | Attached 2-car garage
- Location | 8 miles from National Tropical Botanic Gardens; 44 miles from Hanalei Bay; 25 minutes to Wailua River State Park; 30 miles from Na’Pali Coast State Wilderness; 40-minute drive to Waimea Canyon State Park; 13 miles from Lihue International Airport
Contact me to find out more.
Slow Living at its Best
We are just passing through this life! So enjoy it and make time!!! Make time to watch sunsets and listen to birds mimicking your whistles. During the open house event, I stood out on this upper lanai off the master suite with a few friends and just took it all in. The sky was changing colors, and the birds were coming out to chat with the locals. Sometimes in life…force the stop. Just take in the beauty of the amazing place we live in. Maybe you have been thinking about Kauai for many years, or maybe you live here already. But either way, it is so important to take the time to enjoy the moments of your life. Perhaps, you are someone who is thinking about bidding on this and money is no object. Or on the flip-side, you would be putting your life savings in a hat to see if you will be that one and only winner of this epic dream location. Either way, it’s a spot that lowers your blood pressure and makes you realize that there is no better time than right now to enjoy your life.
How Do I Place a Bid?
There is a simple 3 step process that allows you to be a part of this one of a kind offering:
- Complete the terms and conditions of the sale. Please enter my name as your referring agent on page 2 under Sales Associate/Broker Jill Caisey Lic. #RS-79794 Email: JillCaisey@hawaiilife.com Ph: 808-634-8062 Address: Hawaii Life 4-1379 Kuhio Hwy. Suite 102 Kapaa, HI 96746. I will be your boots on the ground and represent you throughout the entire process. If you are able to make it in person or if you would like me to be your representative throughout the process, either way, I appreciate your referral. It comes at no cost to you and I will be your professional liaison.
- Wire your bidder deposit of $100k, which is fully refundable and returned one day after the auction if you are not the winner.
- Provide a letter of reference from your financial institution for proof of funds.
Want to Know More?
Thank you for your interest in this post and this amazing offering. Feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or comments.