It’s always the right time to do some “rightsizing.”
- Start with the easy stuff: broken or damaged? Get rid of it.
- Ask yourself, “if this disappeared tomorrow, would I run out and replace it?”
- Don’t be a storage unit for others. Have stuff from friends or family that have asked you to “store” for them? Time to ask them to pick it up or donate.
- Ask for help. I can help 🙂
- Decide what’s important. Would you bring it with you if you moved into a new home tomorrow?
- Is this something from a lifestyle I no longer have or want?
- Schedule the time to do it. Once a week, or several days of the week – put it on the schedule.
- Value what you keep.
- Prevent new collections from forming. Instead of collecting items, let’s start collecting experiences.
- Pass it down. Those close to you will appreciate the cherished items that want to pass down to them 🙂
Comment below with any of your helpful tips.