Have you found your dream home? Are you in escrow? Then, we need to make sure you get to MOVE into it. Here are the TEN MUST NOT’S, once you’re in escrow on your new home. Oh my goodness, over the years I’ve seen so many buyers make these crucial mistakes after they’ve gone into contract with their dream home. Hi my name is Fawn Bertram with Homes by Fawn and Hawaii Life. Feel free to reach out to me if you’d like me to go into more detail on any of these.
Once you go into contract don’t do any of the following:
1. Don’t change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
2. Don’t buy a new car, van or truck or you may end up living in it.
3. Don’t use any charge cards or let your accounts fall behind.
4. Don’t spend any money you have set aside for closing.
5. Don’t omit any debt or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Don’t buy any furniture even if the payment is deferred until after closing.
7. Don’t allow any additional inquiries on your credit except for insurance purposes.
8. Don’t make any large deposits or take out any large deposits without first checking with your lender or your agent.
9. Don’t change bank accounts.
10. Don’t co-sign on a loan for anyone, no matter what and be sure to tell your lender if you already are a co-signer for anyone, that debt goes against you.
I hope this helps, I want to make sure that you understand how to keep your home and actually close once we find it. Give me a call 808-439-1077 or email FawnBertram@HawaiiLife.com and I’ll be sure to give you more information about how to stay safe and assure we can close on your home once you’ve gotten your offer accepted. I look forward to hearing from you and assisting in your home search and purchase. As always, make it a great home buying and selling day!