Healthy living is not only mental…things we do physiologically like eating the wrong foods can stress our body.
Loving your body has so many rewards! Feel joy in everything you do. Eat Hawaiian organically grown, local foods — foods that are in season, fresh foods, minimally processed foods, and a pure source of water. YOUR BODY should be treated respectfully and with care. How you treat your body (and mind) is how you will feel. It is quite logical – if you treat your body great, you will feel great. Eat junk – you will feel like junk. Don’t exercise and be sluggish – you will feel sluggish. The body responds beautifully to how it is treated – change how well you treat your body, and you change how well you feel!
Some Key Points For a Healthy Way of Eating:
- Be calm and in the present while eating.
- Bless the food and all who made it possible for your nourishment and pleasure.
- Chew each mouthful well. Eat in moderation.
- Never stuff yourself.
- Be grateful for each meal and realize it is healthy to eat a certain portion, but not to overeat.
- If possible, eat food prepared slowly and with love.
- Avoid canned foods and “quick” foods, and avoid food cooked in a microwave.
- Take joy in preparing a nice, fresh meal for yourself – the benefits are worth the extra time you spend. “Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Avoid These Eating Habits:
Awareness will make all the difference!
- Eating while distracted
- Eating when not hungry
- Eating while feeling tense or emotionally upset
- Eating while arguing
- Eating in an unpleasant environment
- Eating too fast (slow down, appreciate the nourishment)
Satori’s Tip: Plant a Tree – Feel the Joy!
Your Environment, Mind, and Body
These are non-ideal environments that you should avoid:
- Noisy, messy or dirty
- Lit with fluorescent or halogen lighting
- Having a lack of clean air (Remember, indoor air is dirtier than outside air. Open a window)
- Non-ideal ‘inner environments’ are:
- Drugs in your system
- Worry or Fear
- Negative emotions
“Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself” – Chinese Proverb
I am excited to keep you updated on the most popular and recent Hawaii real estate listings and opportunities for your life, here in paradise. Contact me at: