I love to golf. I play when I can and am not showing property or going fishing.
Hali’i Kai 7A, listed by Pam Deery, R(B) & Beth Thoma-Robinson, R(BIC), sits on the Ocean Course at Waikoloa Beach Resort
One of the questions I get asked often – but don’t know the answer off the top of my head is, “Who designed this golf course?”
Here is a list of my favorite courses and their designers:
- Big Island Country Club – Perry Dye (son of Pete Dye)
- Nanea – Designed by David McLay Kidd for Charles Schwab and Safeway magnate George Roberts
- Kukio – Tom Fazio
- Hualalai Golf Club (Hualalai Golf Course for resort guests) – Jack Nicklaus
- Hualalai Golf Club (Ke’olu for residents) – Tom Weiskopf
- Kohanaiki – Rees Jones
- Hokuli’a – Jack Nicklaus
- Makalei – Dick Nugent & Associates
- Waikoloa Beach Resort Ocean – Robert Trent Jones Jr
- Waikoloa Beach Resort Kings’ Course – Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish
- Waikoloa Village Golf – Robert Trent Jones Jr.
- Mauna Lani North – Homer Flint and Raymond Cain
- Mauna Lani South – Homer Flint and Raymond Cain
- Mauna Lani Par 3 KEIKI (kids course) – Homer Flint and Raymond Cain
- Mauna Kea – Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
- Hapuna – Arnold Palmer
- Volcano Village – unknown, but give em a call – (808) 967-8228
- South Point Golf (Discovery Harbour Golf) – Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
- Kona Ocean – William Bell
So there you have it! If you want to play a round with me – let me know. I will write more in the future about how you can get onto these courses as some are public, some are private, and some are beyond private! I’ll give you some real estate information, too. If you have played on this pictured course – you are one of a very small group!
Private golf course on the Big Island with sweeping views
Want More Info About the Big Island?
Download the free app for recommended places to go on the Big Island (click image to enlarge)